Monday, August 29, 2011

Granite decision - mostly final!


Finally, after a year, an internet vote, & a lot of stress, we picked out granite. The color is Delicatus White.





The guy is going to come measure & make templates on Wednesday!! The decision finally came down to light. I want a light & bright kitchen. The green has been too dark & almost everything else is too middle-of-the-road & golden. The prettiest choice would have probably been the Labrador Antiqua (dark brown with blue sparkles), but I am absolutely delighted that we’re choosing for us & not for someone else.

I especially love the travertine-colored swatches that run throughout the stone. And there are chunks of quartzite (?) that are clear & glass-like.

Finished kitchen pictures soon & little lady in blue not included.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Shucks, too bad little lady in blue isn't included. Maybe she could have kept those new counters wiped cleaned or something. Can't wait to see finished kitchen pictures. Maybe it'll give me the push to finally do something about our kitchen that I HATE.