Thursday, June 23, 2011

Three Things Thursday

IMG_9443

Sunday was Father’s Day & the kids had a blast goofing off with Scott after dinner. His day was pretty uneventful – we went to church, he went hometeaching, & we had home evening with the YSA’s. Scott is a great dad to our boys – I didn’t even know that I should be worried about that when I got married.IMG_9351

The YSA’s had a lake day activity at Lake Keowee on Saturday. We weren’t able to be there for the whole day because of a baseball tournament & a court of honor, but it was fun for the short time it lasted. Our friend MR invited Scott to take out his fun toy. (What are they called? jet skis?) I was able to ride behind Scott & had a blast!

201106 June assortment

This is what the sky looked like (without the crazy vertical lines where I merged the pictures from my iPhone) when I dropped the kids off at Mutual at church on Wednesday night about 7 p.m. The contrast between the stormy areas & the non-stormy areas was dramatic – the lighting on the far left image is more true-to-life. The clouds were moving faster than I could drive home. The wind was moving MY VAN across lanes of the freeway!! This has been the weirdest year for weather. I was very freaked out for the whole drive home. Scott & Ryan’s team were on the baseball field when the front moved in & they were soaking wet before they could gather up their gear & hop in the cars. (Ryan was at young men’s.)

No comments: